Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Report showed chronic cholecystitis with mucosal atropy, fibrosis, adenomyosis, cholelithiasis post gall bladder removal. Advice?

Hi, I recently had my gallbladder removed and am doing well. I just received my report, and want the terms explained in a way I can understand. The final diagnosis was Chronic cholecysitis with mucosal atrophy , fibrosis, adenomyosis and cholelithiasis. Thanks! Cherita AAAAAAA
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi your diagnosis means that your gall bladder had been inflamed due to presence of stones in your gall bladder for long time. Adenomyosis is basically a degenerative condition of gall bladder and is often found in gall bladders removed for stones. So you need not worry now as your gall bladder is removed and there is no mention of any cancer in your report .
Hope this helps you, take care.
Answered: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor