Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Repeated ankle injury, lump formation. Need medical attention?

Hi I sprained my ankle around a month ago, I hit it on a spot on my ankle that had a chip in it from 6 years back from an untreated injury, i went to the ER a week after I did it and had a sony put on and I was supposed to follow up with an orthopedic surgeon but never did. My question is, when I first hit it it made a huge bumpy gash you could press in and move a few lumps around, now there is a hard lump over the spot?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
hello,,iam dr.n...
injuries to any part of the body should not be ignored and injury to joint if ignored can lead to severe complications like chronic pain,joint infection,ridid joints etc..
do not delay,,consult an orthopaedician ,get the necessary invg,,done and get well soon....
bye take care
Answered: Fri, 12 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor