Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Reoccuring fever, thick mucous in throat. Advice?

I have been getting low grade fever , up to 99.2 degrees for the past 3 days. It feels that there is thick mucous in my throat , but nothing comes out. Also last night, I did sweat a lot, the room temperature could have been a bit high as well and I was wearing a sweater and had a blanket on. I did notice that the fever went away at around 6 pm last evening and came back after around 16 hours again.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Oct 2013
Hello dear
Thanks for your query at HCM.

Low grade fever , mucus and sweating might because of viral infections.
1) take tab paracetamol 500 mg thrice daily
2) take plenty of water
3) do salt water gargling
If not improving for above recommendation further investigation and course of antibiotics might be necessary.
Answered: Mon, 25 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor