Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Renal scan says bilateral cortico-medullary differentiation maintained. Meaning ?

Hi I am a translator and have a query. Is this something you could help with? It is just a quick question. Does the sentence Bilateral cortico-medullary differentiation maintained make sense? The Spanish text literally reads cortico-medullary relation and I am looking for the correct translation. The text is about the results of a renal scan.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  202
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello user,
for ur knowledge, kidney has a cortex (the peripheral tissue) and a medulla (central to the cortex). On an ultrasound scan, the cortex should look whiter (more echogenic) than the medulla and thus, you should be able see and differentiate between these two different tissues judging by their color...differentiation is maintained shows good prognosis.
Hope it helped u.
Answered: Tue, 11 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor