Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Remedy required habit of chewing tobacco

Hi everybody, Pls can anyone advice is their any medicine which we can give to a person and he stops eating gutka , I told to my friend several times to leave that habit but he is not , so i want to know a medicine which wil prevent him from that habit. Pls also tell any remedy for stopping that habit
Tue, 3 May 2011
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
There is no remedy to quit habit of gutkha.
Only we can do is to draw his attention regarding life threatening dangers of this habit.
We can show few pictures of complications like dangerous dis figured faces,operated faces without mandibles,holes in the face through which teeth and tongue is seen.
He will see and thinks that i will look like this,then he may think to quit gutkha.
once he quits gutkha you may give some mouth fresheners like Variali,Dhana dal or chewing gums.
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Navneet Kumar's  Response
Though habits die hard as its said but theres indeed help available for gutkha and pan masala addicts.First of all ask how many packs of gutkha he eats per day.A Drug by elder pharma named NRT 2mg in pan flavour pastilles is available. Convice your friend to keep it in mouth and roll over at different places in mouth.if he chews say 5 packs per day he should keep 5 NRT pastilles in pocket & use it in place of gutkha bt not chew the next week reduce the number pastille to 4 per day.the next week 3 per day.and decrease the number in further weeks. But the bottom line is the patient should pledge that he wouldnt chew gutkha .
hope it helps.
Regards. Dr. Navneet.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am a regular user of pan (manichand) for the last 15 years, 34 years old now and want to stop it. I know its my mind that needs to say stop but my body cells urge to have them and unable to stop.. I understand the list of problems that this may cause but not sure how to give a try to stop it. Im also worried, if i stop it may lead to something else      

doctor1 MD

hi. i am 35 years old (male) my son is 4yrs i want to have a second baby both my wife and myself went fr a test my wife has undergone a scan fr abdomen and her reports are normal. My sperm test i feel went fr a toss. i am taking B long F capsules and waited fr 3 days without any intercourse and on the 3rd day i went to give my sperm in the afternoon. However, i released sperm in my underwear early morning and in the afternoon when i gave my sperm fr test in the clinic i could only give a little. I have got my reports in which the Spermatazoa is nill. i have few habits like intake of alcohol once a week, smoking and gutka. Pls help me can i increase my sperm count and help my wife in conceiving as we r very eager to have a second baby my wife is also 35yrs old i require ur assistance thank u

doctor1 MD

My brother in law consumes Pan Parag since over 15 years. is there any treatment that we can stop this habit ?