Remedy required habit of chewing tobacco

Hi everybody, Pls can anyone advice is their any medicine which we can give to a person and he stops eating gutka , I told to my friend several times to leave that habit but he is not , so i want to know a medicine which wil prevent him from that habit. Pls also tell any remedy for stopping that habit
Tue, 3 May 2011
There is no remedy to quit habit of gutkha.
Only we can do is to draw his attention regarding life threatening dangers of this habit.
We can show few pictures of complications like dangerous dis figured faces,operated faces without mandibles,holes in the face through which teeth and tongue is seen.
He will see and thinks that i will look like this,then he may think to quit gutkha.
once he quits gutkha you may give some mouth fresheners like Variali,Dhana dal or chewing gums.
Dentist Dr. Navneet Kumar's  Response
hi,
Though habits die hard as its said but theres indeed help available for gutkha and pan masala addicts.First of all ask how many packs of gutkha he eats per day.A Drug by elder pharma named NRT 2mg in pan flavour pastilles is available. Convice your friend to keep it in mouth and roll over at different places in mouth.if he chews say 5 packs per day he should keep 5 NRT pastilles in pocket & use it in place of gutkha bt not chew it.in the next week reduce the number pastille to 4 per day.the next week 3 per day.and decrease the number in further weeks. But the bottom line is the patient should pledge that he wouldnt chew gutkha .
hope it helps.
Regards. Dr. Navneet.