Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Regular pain in lower abdomen. Ultrasound done. Bilateral small renal calculi. What does this mean?

i have a regular pain in left lower abdomen.i consult docter she advise me to a ultrasound report 3 mm calculus is found in both kidneys.but i have no pain in right side.i take treatment for two months but no relief in left side .then doc advise me to get another ultrasound.the report i.s like this.....................KIDNEYS-THERE ARE SMALL CALCULUS 3 MM IN SIZE.CORTICOMEDULLARY DIFFERENTIATION IS WELL VISUALIZED IN LEFT KIDNEY.NO EVIDENSE OF OF ANY HYDRONEFROSIS SEEN..............................OVERY---right ovary is 3.4 into2.3 in size with few small follicles and raptured follicles....................left ovary is 2.8into2.1cm in size with few small mass lesion or fluid is seen in the pelvis ........IMPRESSION-----FUC of bilateral small renal calculi......... pleas tell me what does it means ?as i have a regular pain in lower abdoman and sometimes it creats a lot of pain
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  350
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response
since size of calculi is very small so they should come out by self. You should drink a lot of water. Even if calculi are not removed and pain is present then u can go for endoscopic removal. You should get your serum and urinary calcium level measured because bilateral calculi can be due to some anomaly of metabolic of calcium . If there is some metabolic anomaly then before stone removal you should correct the metabolic anomaly.
Answered: Wed, 27 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
General Surgeon Dr. Shekappa C M's  Response
hello dear
renal tract stones less than 9mm( symptmatic) usually do not require any treatment except taking smooth muscle relaxat and pain killer. because they will be expelled themseves. since you have calculi mesuring 3mm size, needs only symptomatic treatment. you need to take lot of liquid and analgesics. even after this, if symptoms persist its better to contact urologist.
hope my answer is helpful to you.
take care
Answered: Thu, 28 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor