Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Regular health check up showed high blood sugar level, advised Glimisave. Is it possible to maintain levels only with diet and exercise?

I am 36 yrs old male. Two months before I had gone thru master health check up, and that time I was not aware about my sugar lvl, they took blood on empty stomach and gave me glucose water, then told me to come after 2hrs to take some more blood to test. The result has shown the lvl of 283 and 503 before and after glucose water. They suggest me to take Insulin 10ml morning and evening for a week and suggested a diet chart and walking. After a week again they checked my sugar lvl and it was 65 and 90 before and after food. Then they suggest me to stop Insulin and suggest me Glimisave 1 at night time only before(20minutes) food. Past 2 months I am going thru the same and my current lvl is 127 and 148 before and after food. Is that possible to avoid taking tablet if I maintain my diet and excercise?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  64
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Baloo,

Is there any history of diabetes in your family?

Before starting medication, your blood sugar level was very high- Fasting 283 and PP 503.

On taking your sugar levels were low which is can be dangerous.

Now you are on tablets. Fasting level is 127. Normal range is 70 - 110. So, you have diabetes and you have to take medicines permanently as per the current scenario. You can follow diabetic diet and exercise as these will furthur help in controlling the sugar levels.

If you have family history of diabetes, you should take extra precautions.
Also get investigated for following:-
1. Kidney Function Test
2. Urine Routine/Microscopic Examination
3. ECG
4. Fundus examination by an Ophthalmologist

I hope this is help to you.

Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Akhilesh Dubey's  Response
Welcome to HCM
Your case is good example why we should have medical checkup even without any complaints as many times diabetes and hypertension are detected.
Initially your blood sugar level was very high hence insulin was given ,now follow diabetic diet and regular waliking exercise 3 to 4 km every day as your age is onlt 36 years. I hope other test like Lipid profile and kidney functions are OK and you are not having high BP.
What about your family history of Diabetes?
Your medicine of diabetes is all right, only thing check your blood sugar intermitantly and also check HBA1c every 3 monthly to know status of control of blood sugar.
Please continue to take medicine and if you are overweight reduce weight, and if you smoke please quit .
By chance if you take alcohol stop it completely if not at least moderate the use.
Good Luck to you
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to not suddenly stop medicine but yes gradually your medicinal dose may decrease if u control your sugar by diet and exercise ,by your doc don't stop medicine on your take soak the bhindi in water and boil them to half drink these water .or soak methi seed bring it to boil and take these water which may benefit u plus take syzyzium gborandi Q which is homoeopathic preparation best for diabetes.and do your regular check up.
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor