Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Regular hairfall. Prescribed Mintop and Follihair. Should I use it?

Hi, I am having hairfall from past 4 years. Now I am on verge of losing my front top hair. Front top hair are very thin and highly spaced now. My doc suggested me Mintop 5% with Follihair. Let me know shall I go with this or you recommend some other. My current scalp condition is i am losing top part hairs and now huge gaps are created between them. side line hairs are in good condition.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  149
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Dermatologist 's  Response
You seem to be suffering from androgenetic alopecia. Your doctor has written a fine prescription. So you can start using the same. Also one should be fully aware that these drugs take time to work, so you will have a noticeable difference only after 4 to 6 months of regular use. It should also be noted that once the drugs are stopped hair will revert to its original density and thickness, so in nutshell treatment as such or application of minoxidil is practically life long. One can also go with mesotherapy of scalp with minoxidil or platelet rich plasma or stem cell for better results. Another solution is hair transplant. So you can discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist too. However it is imperative to begin your therapy with minoxidil lotion first. Take care.
Answered: Mon, 26 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor