• question-icon

Regular feeling of vomiting in the morning on empty stomach with chest uneasiness and increased hunger, taken albendazole. Suggestion?

hi doctor , I am a 30 yr old male , these days all of a sudden I feel pukish in the morning , empty stomach , an uneasiness in the chest also hungry after every two hours . Hunger does not subsides unless I eat something. My motion is normal as usual. I took one 400 mg albendazole suspecting worms but took it in the afternoon post meal. pl. help
Mon, 15 Sep 2014
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
I would suggest you start on a PPI like pantoprazole and take it for 4 weeks. In case your symptoms don't reduce within a week of starting the medication you would need further investigations. Please consult your doctor for a prescription.
Hope this helps
Dr Samir Patil