Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Regular drinker with high sgot, sgpt and cholesterol. Is it serious?

hello doctor my cousin s age is 39 and he is a regular drinker. His reports are as sgot 55 and sgpt 151. he had no symptoms of pain or any other problem, he was just advised to get his check up as he is drinking regularly. his triglycerides cholesterol is also 551. Please advice,how much serious is the case..he is having no problem till time as is fit and fine and takes an healthy diet .please advice..
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
He has mildly elevated liver enzymes and very high triglycerides levels. So there is no serious liver damage but it doesnt mean that he shouldnt stop drinking... Liver ultrasound can be done as well. He should definitely change his diet and use some of antilipemic drugs (statins). Also watch out for hypertension , smoking and adiposity.

Wish you good health, Dr. Ivan Romic (Rominho)
Answered: Thu, 6 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor