Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Reduced menstruation, irregular periods. Have PCOD. On birth control pills. Is it safe to take for a long time?

My daughter is 24 yrs old , she is having pcod problem .she is having very irregular periods and vry less also . This problem is from the beginning. Can u please suggest to me what is the solution and where to show her .two yrs back she was given birth control medicine by a doctor . Till the time she took ,things were o.k but for how long she can take those medicine . As a mother I don t think it s correct to take for long. Please advice.
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Homeopath 's  Response
Pcod or polycystic ovarian disease cannot be completely cured by any medicines.pcod is characterised by delayed periods,obesity and hirsuitism.birth control pills or oral contraceptices help regularise periods but only as long as they are taken.
Birth control pills can be taken as long as she wants but she has to stop them once trying for pregnancy.
One cannot get pregnant when on these pills.
People with pcod might have some difficulty in getting pregnant.some conceive on their own where as others require help in the form of medicines.
This is because patients of pcod have irregular cycles and hence do not know when they are ovulating.
Weight should be under control in patients with pcod.pcod worsens with weight gain.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor