Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Redness with brownish marks on the skin on twee-zing, had burnt the skin repeatedly during waxing. How can I repair my skin?

i have waxed my face in the past but used a heat setting too high and so repeatedly burnt my skin ...i havent waxed since but now everytime i tweeze i can see the redness and brownish marks it left and a barely noticeable dent i can see in the skin...what can i do to help repair the skin and remove those marks? please help thank you
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  32
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

For a long term benefit avoid waxing and tweezing on the face, opt of laser permanent hair reduction after consulting a dermatologist.Your hair growth on the face will be reduced thereby reducing the number of times you have to thread/ wax or tweeze and the brown marks will reduce as they are a result of hair being plucked forcefully.
As a temporary method to reduce redness, you can apply calamine lotion after tweezing and for brown marks you can apply a cream containing kojic acid at night and a sunscreen in the morning.

Take Care
Answered: Thu, 12 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor