Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Redness on bottom of scrotum, groin area. Itches, burns on scratching. What is it, its treatment?

There is a redness on the bottom of my scrotum as well as around my groin area and also in between my anus and scrotum(gooch). It itches and also burns after I scratch it. I have also noticed that there might be what looks like acne around that area. I think it has been going on for like a week or so. I would like to know what it is and how I can treat it.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  460
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sir! According to your description of lesion, it is most likely tinea cruris, a fungal infection of the skin. You should apply an antifungal ointment/cream twice a day on the affected area and take an antihistamine before going to bed. Thanks and take care.
Answered: Mon, 30 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor