Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Redness, leakage in eye. Suspecting conjunctivitis. Treatment?

Hello, I am a twenty year old male, and I do not wear contact lenses . For the past few weeks my left eye has been fairly red and has been leaking a clear liquid I constantly am having to wipe away. I went to my optomotrist and she said it was probably just pink eye, and should clear up in 10 days. However it s been about two weeks and it has not gotten any better. I have a feeling I have conjunctavitis, as I have many of the symptoms. I feel no pain in the eye, just discomfort when it is very watery. I wake up with my left eye being completely crusted closed. It is disgusting, could someone confirm or deny my suspicions? And what are the next steps I should take?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi, the symptoms and sign what you are telling like matting of the lashes with mild itching, watering and redness suggest you are suffering from conjunctivitis which has not resolved completely. You need to show an ophthalmologist who can diagnose it properly and give you treatment like some antibiotic drops, low dose steroids and tear substitutes.Kindly rule out anterior uveitis, episcleritis and allergic conjunctivitis.Better to seek and ophthalmologist and get treated...TC...Dr Ajay Shankar Kar
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor