Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Redness, itchiness, wrinkling in lower eyelid, spreading to upper eye. Due to stuck contact lens?

I have one eye that has the lower eyelid has become red, itchy and wrinkly. It is not like pink eye. Now it is starting to spread to corner and to the same corner of my upper eye. It is also becoming red and wrinkly. It hurts a bit as well. The only coincidental thing that has happened recently, is a day before this started, I had a contact stuck in the back of my eye. I couldn t get it out until the next day. I have had this ever since, about 4 days
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  46
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, you are suffering from blephritis and you will need to apply topical antibiotics with steroid cream on it. You need to be more careful with your contact lens as it may lead to serious infection of the inner eye. Get a slit lamp exam done by an opthalmologist and if required some eye drops may be used for a few days. Get your vision checked by an optometrist as sometime suboptimal correction of refractive errors also lead to blephiritis. Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting or removing your contact lens and also while handling the skin around your eyes. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 2 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor