Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Reddish swollen tender lump on the penis. Infected hair follicle? Treatment?

I have a red swollen bump where the shaft of my penis starts to grow hair. I am overweight , so a skin fold forms there. The bump sometimes has hair growing out of it, and is tender to touch, but does not burn or itch. I have ha. It looked at by my GP, and she said it was an infected hair follicle . It seems when the weather warms up, it comes back. I have an issue squeezing and taking tweezers to the bump when they occur, which seems to make them worse. Any idea?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  190
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have either staphylococcal infection of hair follicle or infected sebaceous cyst on base of the penis .

Please take You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.

Observe proper personal hygiene by washing your genitals with warm water twice daily.
Answered: Sun, 13 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor