Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Reddish swollen rashes on the waistline. What are they?

hi my name is alan I m 28 years old i woke up one morning with a cluster of red dots which were really painfull on my waistline i thought it looked like something bit me. under the rash it is swollen and feels almost bruised. I thought i would leave it for a few days and see what happened and then i noticed another cluster of red dots which are less painfull than the ones before. please help.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello Alan,
Welcome to healthcare magic
I am thinking of shingles. Is the rash limited to one side of the body? Shingles can have grouped painful vesicles. Without an opportunity to closely examine the lesion, I would not be able to accurately specify the condition. You might need to consider a consultation with dermatologist for assessment and work up.

Hope this helped
Take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor