Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Reddish rash on the face. Diagnosed as allergic reaction. What is cause for allergy?

I have a red rash on my face, it can become very hot, like burning. I have had it for about 4 days now but the rash gets big but sometimes it gets tiny so you cant see it. Help ! ny age is 15 btw. i went to doctors they said it was a allergic reaction but i havnt had anything different for it to be a allergic reaction.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response

Red facial rash can have several diagnoses and the clinical context of when you get the rash is important:

1. If the rash gets worse on exposure to sunlight, then it is a photosensitive rash and you need sun creams with SPF30 before you go out. If the rash becomes very red and burning, you will also need blood tests such as complete blood count, ANA profile to exclude an autoimmune nature of the rash.

2. If the rash comes and goes without a scar, and occasionally you get lip swelling, urticaria is a possibility and long-acting antihistamines like fexofenadine 180mg is the treatment.

3. If the rash was after applying a make up, you will need to get patch tests to know what chemical allergy you have and avoid it in the future.

Overall, an antihistamine tablet or calamine lotion can be tried to see the effect as they are not harmful.

Best Wishes.
Answered: Mon, 10 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor