Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Reddish lump on the shin after an injury. Will this affect me playing?

I fell badly and hit my shin hard about three weeks ago, I had a significant lump at the time and some bleeding I still have a red lump and pain at the point of impact on my shin now, and the lump feels hard. It hurts when I touch it and when I put my shin guards on to play hockey. Do I need to do something and is there a risk in playing sport ?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query

You had injury over your shin after fall And you had swelling & tenderness at the point of impact.

It might be a contusion or a fracture (stress),

So you need a x-ray to rule out the fracture.

So you have to visit an orthopaedic surgeon for clinical exam & x-rays as required.

Answered: Thu, 13 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor