Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Reddish hard lump in the inner labia. Using antibiotic with penicillin. Concerned about genital warts

Hi there. i hope u can give me some insight. I went to a medi-clinic today afraid when I found a red hard bump, simular to a hard pea (in size and feel), on my left inner labia . About an inch from my clitorous. It aches a bit, but especially hurts if touched. It is not bleeding, and there are no signs of a cut. He said it was an abrasion caused from sexual intercourse with my fiancé. He prescribed me a antibiotic with penicillin in it. I just don t feel completely confident in what he told me due to an incident a few months ago when I found a wart between the anus and vagina. It was burnt off by my doctor with liquid nitrogen , she said the likeness of it return was slim. I have been with the same person for over three years. I know the wart had a greyish tint to it, it was not like the red bump I have now. Am I freaking out too much or is what I described an abrasion. (I also would like to note that my fiance did some foreplay with me to get me lubricated properly for intercourse as I was not very at that moment yesterday)
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  51
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Although it would have been wise to biopsy the wart when it did appear and treat you for herpes (if that was the cause), when the wart did appear there is no point commenting on it right now.

The description provided now does not resemble that of a wart or herpes for that matter. It instead resembles that of a simple cyst or a Bartholin cyst. You my look this up for better understanding.

Antibiotics along with warm baths and warm compresses applied several times a day should help if the suspected diagnosis is right. But if you do not experience an improvement, visiting a doctor would be the best next step.

Hope this helps.

Take care.
Answered: Sat, 13 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor