Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Reddish bumps on the arms and back spreading to neck. What are these?

Hello I m Joan, I wanted to ask about this rash I ve seem to developed. About a week ago ive realized these small red bumps were on the inside of my arm , well no they have seem to turn I so a round bump with a scab on top . Last night I realized that these bumps are on my back, inside my arms n starting to form on my neck ... Is there any clue what these are
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  74
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Joan,
Based on the information provided it seems like "HEAT RASH", "CHERRY ANGIOMAS" or" WARTS "
a)HEAT RASH - rashes usually occurs in hot climates ,
b) CHERRY ANGIOMAS - are small, bright red growths that are smooth,and their sizes varies from of the pinhead to about a quarter inch in diameter.
c) WARTS -Basically it is as viral infection that will tends to case various bumps, small elevated pearly lesions with central umbilication.

1)HEAT RASH: just a prickly heat powder will help.
2) CHERRY ANGIOMAS -In most cases, cherry angiomas do not require treatment. But treated for cosmetically unappealing or are subject to bleeding, angiomas may be removed by lasers or electrocautery (the process of burning or destroying tissue by use of a small probe with an electric current running through it). Removal may cause scarring.
3) WARTS: Treatment requires curettage of the lesions .
ADVICE: Consult a dermatologist near by, as it is required to confirm the diagnosis and suggest appropriate treatment if necessary.
Hope it helps.
Answered: Fri, 5 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Dermatologist Dr. Rahul Kumar's  Response
Thanks for the query.
You mentioned reddish bumps with scabbing onernight.
Also the bumps are increasing.

Probably you are suffering from chicken pox.
Meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor