Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Reddish bump on the wrist. No pain and itching. Should I get it checked out?

I have a small red bump on my arm , just by by wrist . I originally thought that it was a spot, but it has never had a head and has been there for about 4-5 months. It s not painful or itchy but doesn t seem to be getting any smaller and there aren t any signs of it disappearing. Any ideas what it could be and if I need to go get it checked out?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case with diligence.
There is possibility of cystic ganglion.
Cystic lesions are usually benign and surgical excision is definitive treatment.

I will advise routine blood investigation medication like anti-inflammatory

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care
Answered: Wed, 6 Aug 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor