Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Reddish brown patches all over body, doctor said fungi. Fungus appears on face?

hello doctor!! my name is Erin, um 17, um 165cm & my weigh is about 73 kg i have these reddish brown patches & um diagnosed as i got Pityriasis Rosea but it s above my left eye, from what i know it appears rarely on the face! also there r about 7 patches around my body ( the right hip, back, neck, genitalia, the two armpits and the left shoulder ) and my doctor said this is just fungi so um confused could u help plz!! Thank You :)
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

Cause of Pityriasis Rosea is not known.

Its a self limiting disease, symptoms may disappear in few weeks in some it may take up to 6 months.

Lesions rarely occurs on face, but in some people they involve cheeks or hair line.

You can use calamine lotion or antihistamine , if you have itching.

The treatment is symptomatic.

Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response
Hi..dear user.,
Thanks for choosing HCM..,
Pityriasis Rosea appears both front and back of the body..,
limbs will be spare..,
U might be effect FUNGI..,
use Clotrimazole gel as topical application...,
and tab Flucan 150 mg weekly once for 8 weeks..,
Answered: Mon, 3 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor