Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Red spots on the gland and the skin of penis, no itching. Anything to worry ?

I m 44 yo male, I have noticed about a month ago three red spots one on the gland of my penis and two on the skin of the penis. The one on the glance got a bit bigger but the others about the same size on the small size. No itching or any other symptoms noticed. What would you think this might be, or do I need to worry about anything? Your response in greatly appreciated
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for the query,

Dont worry these may be fordyce spots.

These are just swollen sebaceous glands.

The coronal sulcus is the commonest site of these.

These are totally harmless, so you dont need to worry at all.

Just keep the area clean.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you good health,
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 29 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor