Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Red spots on arms, acne, hormone spots. Had it examined. Can I get rid of them?

Im 31 now but ever since i was young there were random single red spots on my arms a hands! They stay for years! Some have never gone away! When i was young, i realized one was were a wasp had stung me. Then, remembered being stung quite a few times on my arms so i blamed them on that. Though, knowingly that some did not fit my theory! My first pregnancy brought on more and in a new place.... my face! During that time i did go see a dermotologist for the horific acne the pregnancy brought on. I also asked about these spots. He examined them then firmly rubbed one on my arm. Starting with the thumb over it then pulling firmly away. As he did this, when the area of the spot was revealed but still holding the skin firmly, the spot was gone! Then he let go and it appeared again. He told me they were harmone spots and evidently gave me no advice to ridding them. Because if he had, i would have tried! The spots on my face do not go away when using the same procedure. They only lighten. The spots are also impossible to cover completely with make-up! Though i try! Then A few years ago, yes another place, two came out on my lips! One on the top and one on the bottom. They have plagued me for years and Im hoping for a different answer than the one i got from that doctor years ago!
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

Asymptomatic red spots on body since birth or soon after birth can be hemangioma.
It is a vascular malformation.

If there is symptoms like itch it can be urticaria.

You may require treatment with anti histamines or LASERS depending upon your condition.

Regarding spots, these can be removed using skin lightening creams.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and treatment.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor