Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Red spot on mons pubis, itchy, hurts to touch. How to fix it?

I have a small red spot, not a bump, on the left side and I guess the inside of my mons pubis . I do shave down there and when hair grows back, or if I do not shower daily, it kind of gets itchy. Ive also been running more and sweating more so I was wondering if it is possible for it to be chapped and irritated? It only hurts when I touch it. So I m trying not to touch it. Also, when I like stretch or do a lunge or something I feel it like split? Not split, but like stretch like dry skin does. There are no bumps or anything and I know its not an STD . So I m just curious if its possible to be chapped and how to fix it?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  211
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi , thanks for posting your query.

The red spot seems to be a boil or folliculitis.
It can occur due to combination of factors like sweating , moisture, lack of aeration, shaving which can lead to multiplication of bacteria and hence infection.

To treat the same :
-apply an antibiotic cream locally twice a day.
-oral antibiotic may be taken by prescription.
-anti histamine for itching
-keep the area dry.
-maintain proper hygiene
-use cotton undergarments
-don't touch or scratch it as it will aggravate itching.
-avoid shaving till it heals

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 4 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor