Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Red spot in gooch, hurts when touched. Any idea?

I have a red/brown spot in the gooch. I ve had it for as long as I can remember, but lately I ve started picking at it. This made it go red and now hurts when I rub it on clothes or touch it. I m pretty worried about it. Also, it doesn t feel like a lump or a pimple , it feels sort of like its a part of the body, i can t pull it out or push it in. I would really appreciate it if you have any idea what it is. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  300
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi i think it is acrocordon or chloasma which got infected due to repeated movement .it is also called skin tag.first treat the infection with broad spectrum antibiotic and anti inflammatory agent combiflam twice daily can cure superadded infection.after in fection is subsided go for electrocautery or laser ablation
Answered: Fri, 6 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor