Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Red sore on foreskin, itchy

Almost a week ago I noticed that my penis was itching {specifically around the head}. At first I didn t pay much attention {figured it would stop on its own}. But it kept on itching. Iam uncircumsized so I pulled the skin back {which hurt a little} and I noticed these red sores on the inner foreskin around the head. Now, it hurts to pull the skin back. What is it and how do I get rid of it?
Asked On : Tue, 17 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
hi, it can be a rash or skin infection. Get checked by a urologist or a dermatologist. Some blood and urine tests would be done, if needed a swab taken from the sores and treatment advised accordingly. If a narrow foreskin is the cause, circumcision may help. Good luck.
Answered: Sun, 22 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor