Red ring and burning sensation on the right side of lips. Can it be a reaction of hand sanitizer ?

I ve been experiencing a burning sensation on the edge of my lips, right side only. It comes and goes and can last just minutes on and off for hours or several days, this has been going on for a few years now. To note, I also have a red ring around the bottom of my mouth/lips, this coloration also comes and goes (more so on than off). On several occasions a few needle point size dots have shown up on the edge of my lip, but again on the right side only. I ve been to the derm.. and she diagnosed it as a form of dermititas but could this be right and on just one side only? Fyi: I used to use hand santizer on my mouth (from the phone at work, I would wipe it on phone and after on my mouth/right-side afterwards) Could this be a reaction from it? Could I have given myself some type of chemical burn or could this be something else, or...could the doc be right? I appreciate any feedback!
Tue, 12 Jul 2011