Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Red rash on face, chest and back. Hot to the touch. What could it be?

My boyfriend keeps breaking out in this red rash . It used to only affect his face, chest, and back. Now it is all over his body. It doesn t bother him at all, no itch or burn . He doesn t even know it is there until I mention it. I noticed it at the beginning he would break out to drinking a Budweiser instead of light beer or when the dog got in his face. It is getting more drastic now thought, still doesn t bother him. It is steaming hot to the touch. It usually goes away after a shower, nap, or just relaxing after taking an allergy pill. What could this crazy rash be. I ve had hives but this is different. It looks similar but in different places and it is flat to the skin, no bumps of anykind.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Your boy friend suffering from allergy which is menifesting in skin lesions called urticaria. He may be atopic ie prone to develop allergies to various environmental antigens. He should avoid all known allergens as much as possible. He may take an anti histaminic, a monte leukast and if lesions are really bad- a short course of steroids. He may go in for testing his IgE levels and if required, shots of anti IgE antibodies.
Answered: Fri, 19 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor