Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Red raised spots on face and arms, which fade into brown marks. What could this be?

Hi i am a 23 year old woman and for the last few years or so I keep getting red raised spots that look like an insect bite but don t itch they then go flat and fade to brown marks that look like large freckles they come up all over apart from my face my arms especially are covered in them and they never completely fade what could this be ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for writing to us.
You might just be having acne vulgaris or pimples. These commonly occur over face, upper back and upper arms. These brown marks are post inflammatory hyperpigmentation occuring after healing of acne lesions.
use of salicylic acid face wash and adapalene gel in night should help you out. For further management contact a dermatologist nearby.
take care
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor