Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Red, pea sized lump near penis. Why is it growing?

Hello, I have a pea-sized, reddish, lump near the bottom of my penis shaft. When it first began in looked just like an infected hair, didn t really worry about it, then it started getting bigger. When i squeeze on it, it seems to be white and harder. Today i squeezed on it but nothing came out because there is no head on it. I believe this just made it bigger and now the surrounding area seems to be getting a bit swollen. Any suggestions??
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hallo.Thanks for your query.You have noticed a pea sized lump near base of the penis This is likely to be Sebaceous cyst which is very common in this area.Pl consult the surgeon If needed He may excise it under local anesthesia.or if it is a simple boil he will prescribe antibiotics for a week.
Answered: Mon, 24 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor