Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Red, painful blister on toe. Applied antibacterial gel. Can you help?

Hi I am getting married in just over one week. 3 weeks ago I had what I believed to be my first dose of athletes foot as my tip two left toes were red and very itchy. I bought some athletes foot stuff from the pharmacy but it didnt help. I have been to the doctors twice and each time they say it is athletes foot but have been apparently given a strong dose if cream each time. It has definitely helped in the last week however now the real problem is that I have a very painful red and almost hard blister kind of sore in my 3rs toe and it is inbetween as well as in top. I have been googling for help all night and in the end put some anti bacterial hand gel on it as many people suggested it works-I really hope so but I am somewhat panicking! Can u help?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  216
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hye! You are having either candidal intertrigo or tinea pedis, with bacterial infection. Take antifungal, antibiotics ,antihitaminic , anti inflammatory till cure of disease. Do not use soap during bath. Use dettol liquid. Take healthy food, do meditation, exercise.. To increase immunity, for fast recovery and prevention of recurrence. Ok ..Still you consult nearby dermatologist for firm diagnosis and treatment.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor