Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Red mark on arm. Area swollen and red. Emergency? Is she okay?

Hello my girlfriend got this small red mark on her arm yesterday morning. In the evening there were several smaller blisters in a small spot about the size of a quarter.(this formed right by the elbow ) When she woke up this morning it had formed into 2 large bubbles the whole area is red and swollen around the 2 bubbles and there is a line going away from the bubble toward her armpit went to the emergency room they didn t know what it was. They gave her antibiotics and triamcinolone cream. I looked up shingles but nothing looked like this. any ideas
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response

It seems that your girl friend may be having phytophotodermatitis.

It may be due to contact with some plant and exposure to sun.

There is erythema with bullae in linear form.

There may be burning and itching.

Tell your girlfriend to avoid sunexposure.

Tell to apply some antibiotic cream like sisomycine cream.

Give her antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.

If needed, give her steroids in tappering dose.

If there is itching ,give her antihistaminics like levocetirizine.

She will feel better.

However,she should consult dermatologist.

I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor