Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Red knot above left ankle, painful, feel bigger under skin. Solution for pain?

I have a red hot knot just above my left ankle. It is painful and about the size of a quarter on the surface but feels bigger underneath the skin. I went to the hospital about three weeks ago before the knot came to the surface. They did an ultrasound on my legs and said it wasnt a blood clot. Although, they didnt touch my ankle with the machine. I told them then something was wrong and they sent me home. Now I cant afford to keep going to the Dr. but I am in pain and scared.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  80
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Dermatologist 's  Response
thanks for posting your query to HCM. the problem could be a simple bacterial infection as you have severe pain,
You must be started on antibiotis and anti inflammatory drugs after consulting your doctor.
Prasad PVS
Answered: Wed, 14 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor