Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Red, itchy watering eyes, also suffering from flu. Will OTC medication help?

Hi I have red itchy painful leaking eyes, one eye is significantly worse than the other and is a bit blood shot and really itchy/painful. I also have flu , i dont know if that has something to do with it? Can i get something from the supermarket for this as I can not get an appointment with my doctor and can not afford to take another day off work
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
It would have better for you to consult a physician,but according to you ,you cannot afford it. The red watwring eyes could be due to conjuctivitis or flue itself can cause red watering eye.
For red watering eye you can use steroid antibiotic combined ointment and for flue take antihistiminic and anakgesic ( pain killer) .
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor