Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Red itchy spots mostly on upper body. What could it be?

I keep getting these red itchy spots. They use to only show up after or during my shower and they would soon fade. Now they have stayed on my skin and itch really bad sometimes. They are mostly on my upper body. I thought it might be ringworm so I put medicine on it but nothing seems to be happendd except there is now more. Do you k ow what this is?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi, it could be a cholinergic urticaria which is common post bathing.
I wud suggest you to take levocetrizine 5mg tab twice a day for 2 weeks and no need to apply a cream
may be it will solve the problem and avoid a hot bath
take care
Answered: Thu, 11 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor