Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Red, itchy rash on chest. Swollen. Appears when hot. Worried

Hi. I'm a 27 year old female. About two weeks ago a small red rash appeared on the top right hand side of my chest. It is itchy, especially when I'm hot. It is the size of a 10 pence piece and darker around the edges. It is rough around the edges and appears to be swollen. I am getting a bit worried as it doesn't feel right. I have taken a picture. It can be seen here please help
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
HI you probably are suffering from fungal infection of skin called tenia corporis.keep your body dry avoid humidity as much as possible.
you should apply topically clotrimazole cream or terbinafin cream daily till clear of rash if it is spreading then you should take oral itraconazole or terbinafine 250 mg daily for about2 wks.
use ketoconazole lotion/shampoo while bathing.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor