Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Red, itchy, pus filled bumps on inner upper thighs. How to get relief?

I get bumps on my inner upper thighs that are really red and itchy, then they get pus filled. They don t go away, and they leave scars :( I m already not happy with my body and this is just making things worse. I asked my doc but she said they aren t a disease or anything and should go away on their own but they aren t!
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  298
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for your query to HCM. Your symptoms are suggestive of furuncles. You need to undergo investigations like pus culture and sensitivity and you must be put on appropriate antibiotics like cloxacillin for five days. For prevention you may have to use mupirocin cream to certain parts of the body like nostrils, umbilicus and perineum. Your dermatologist may explain all these.
Have a good day
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor