Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Red, itchy and sore lump in my groin Jock itch, please suggest remedy

Red, itchy and sore lump in my groin - Jock itch, eczema, or? Hi, I have a red, itchy and sore lump in my groin area and now it is always wet like water/sweat that is always going out of the sweat glands of the whole affected area. A few weeks ago the liquid was quite sticky, but now it became like a water that easily drips. I thought this was jock itch so I tried to apply Nizoral cream, the old skin peeled off but the lump, itch and wetness is still here. I have a second thoughts that this is eczema but it doest fit the description of dry scaly skin. However when the liquid dries, it seems like it becomes scaly like a newly dried wound. Do you know what this is or any advice for treatment? It becomes very itchy when I put soap on it.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  1344
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
The most common condition in groins when it is sweaty is Fungal infection called tinea cruris.This needs an anti fungal treatment.Take oral tab AF(150mg) once a wk for 4 wks.You can continue using nizoral cream at night as you were using earlier.Also start abzorb powder over the affected area in morning.I am sure you would be all right with this ,if not let us know ,so that we can guide you further.
take care ,
Answered: Tue, 11 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor