Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Red eye, watering, pus build up, bacterial or viral infection. Medications for pain management?

i have a red eye . its doesn t really itch but its watery no matter build up or anything but i have a place on my eye like a puss build up almost looks like a pimple on my eye itself. it hurts really bad i went to my baby dr about it today he said he thought it might be a viral or a bacterial infection but was not very sure and did not give me anything for it. is their something i can get over the counter that will numb it atleast
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Your swelling sounds like Hordeolum ( infection and inflammation of the oily glands of the lid margins).
Give hot fomentation for 5-10 mins twice daily with a twice daily dose of anti inflammatory tablets for immediate relief. But to avoid recurrence , get a consultation to start on antibiotic ointments and tablets if needed depending on the size and extent of the swelling .

Hope this helps. Take care.
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor