Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Red colored nail scars on the skin. Any treatment other than laser surgery?

Hello to you, Iam a 27 year old female.I have a clean face except one incident happenes when i was in my 8th class, due to which ihad two nail scars on left cheek of my face.Till now i use to hide them by a concealor.once i went to skin institute too ,they provided me with some gel but the scars were as it is.As I went to the other reknowned doctor he said that these scars can go with laser treatment only and not with any tablet or tube.Please suggest as these scars are red in colour and if i dont put any concealor,they are not hided then.Can KAYA skin clinic be a solution.Please Suggest?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  83
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
dear neha ,scars on the face could be superficial or deep depending on the cause how they are formed and their treament mainly depends on the disfigurement they give.In your case if it is sureficial you can try peeler dermabrasion little deep can try dermaroller but if it is too deep you have to go for correction which coud bemulti modality combining laser with subcision and dermaroller and finally scar revision .So the best person who can treat you is a cosmetic surgeon who can use all the above mentioned treatments
Answered: Thu, 19 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor