Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Red bumps on buttocks, above butt crack, scabs, pus. Surgery required?

Hi, my boyfriend has these two red bumps on his buttocks towards the anus but moreso at the top of butcrack he has had these for about two years now and is too embarrassed to go to the doctor about it. his sister said she had the same thing and she had to get surgery to get it taken care of becuase there was actually alot of cartilage/bone buildup or something. his sores get scabby and also red and pussy and they are very painful. Right now it is scabby so he thinks it is going to go away but i dont know because that has happened before and they have come back. please help!
Asked On : Sun, 19 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  429
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

It seems that your boyfriend is suffering from Fistula in ano. The choice of treatment in this case is surgery by excising the track of the fistula and regular aseptic dressing. Recently Laser surgery are also available but I don't know the results because reoccurrance of fistula is very common.

The other alternative procedure is Ksarsutra therapy in Ayurveda.

So consult your doctor and get the treatment which suites you the best. Till than do the regular dressing and take a course of antibiotic if pus is coming out.

Best Wishes
Answered: Sun, 19 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor