Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Red bumps around pubic area. Why does that happen? Can I try to pop them?

I have some red bumps with small white heads around my pubic area. Don t seem to really itch or anything. Started out as just 1-3 of them on my pubic area and those seemed to almost dry up . Few weeks later another 3-4 appeared on my scrotum . They burn/tingle a little when I put neosporin on them. If I try popping them, they just bleed . Could this be follicitus or should I be worried about herpes? Got tested for syphillis and ghonnorea and both were negative.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  317
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Bahester,
Thanks for query.
It seems that you might have Folliculitis.
Keep local part neat and clean.
Apply some antibiotic powder on the part.
If bumps size increase then go for one antibiotic medicine course.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 23 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor