Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Red bump on the pubic area swelled after popping, seems to be getting bigger. Over the counter medicine?

I found this red bump on my pubic era a few weeks ago I popped the first time I thought it was a pimple , it got a lil swollen but I thought that was normal, but I found the red bumb a little bigger I popped and puss came out, it is now a lil bigger. my question is there anything I csn buy over the counter thst help mr fix t hid problem before it gets worst
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for writing in.
the condition you are describing can furuncle or folliculitis.
It is better to get it drained by your GP or dermatologist.
Till the time you can take tab Ibuprofen twice daily and apply mupirocin ointment twice daily.
Hope this helps.
Wishing you good health.
Answered: Thu, 31 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor