Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Red bump in crack of buttocks, oozing pus. What is it?

Yesterday my boyfriend gave me a really bad wedgie and since then I had been having pain in my buttock. It isn t a normal pain you wild get from a wedgie, this really hurt. Anytime I would move it would hurt. It s been a day since it happened so I knew it was something different. I looked in the mirror and I also had my boyfriend look at it, and I have a red bump in my butt crack. It had a little pus coming out of it. He said it looked like it was a cyst . Could that be? Could I get rid of it on my own at home? Or should I go to the doctors?
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  122
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hi i think it is a furuncle or abcess not cyst. it may be due to excess moisture in that area or uncleanliness in that is just a infection of the hair follicle and subcutaneous tissue.u can the all the features of inflammation around it.first try antibiotic twice daily and anti inflammatory agent like flexon twice daily and application of t-bact ointment over the lesion.if still not cured go for a surgeon for incission and drainage of the lesion.
Answered: Fri, 20 Sep 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor