Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Red blotches on face, white dots, itchiness, blotches spreading to arms, chest. Treatment?

I am 27 years old. Ive always had good skin. Afte I had my daughter my skin started to change. It had red blotches all over and some white dots. Sometimes it is itchy and other times not. It id mostly on my arms and chest and a little on my face. I have been to many doctors and no one could help me. They ran a ton of tests and nothing. When I am in the sun it looks worse. I no longer get a nice tan like I used to I just look like I have a bad sunburn .
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
you seem to be suffering from a sun related allergy called as polymorphic light eruption.
No test is required to prove this disease.
There is no permanent cure.
You need to take sun protection.
Apply a sunscreen with 50 spf atleast three times a day.
Photobloc is a good sunscreen. You can use that.
Thank you
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Puvvula Kishore Kumar's  Response

Welcome to HCM..,

It could be PMLE..,

Poly Morphic Light erruption..,

It is due to frequent exposure of sun..,

Steroid cream....momentosome and Levocetrizine.,

will give good result

use + 50 SPF sunscreen lotion while going out
Answered: Wed, 6 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor