Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
189 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Red and raised solid patch on face. Eczema? Allergy?

I m a early 60ish woman with a reddish colored slightly raised solid patch about a nickel size on my face, on the upper right cheek near temple. It s not itchy nor does it burn or sting. I ve had it about a week. It s not getting worse, but it s not clearing up. It doesn t fit the descriptions of ecxema, or other skin rashes . I haven t changed cleansers, soap, or other personal care products so doubt it s allergic reaction . Wondering if I should see a dermatologist or wait and see if it clears on its own.
Wed, 24 Jul 2013
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing otu s.
Such lesions can be seen due to any allergic reaction, sun induced, other skin disorders like jessner's lymphocytic infilterate, lymphocytoma cutis, sarcoidosis or granuloma annulare. So it is always better to consult a dermatologist nearby for diagnosis and management.
Take care
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Johny Chacko's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic
A coin shaped eczema on the face is rare and it should be itchy. I am thinking of Discoid lupus or even ring worm or polymorphous light eruption. The latter two again is usually itchy. I would recommend you to see a dermatologist to rule out discoid lupus.
Hope this helped
Take care
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello Dr Batra: I am mother of one year and half old baby boy....he has developed eczema since the time, he was four months old...but it was never...

Recent questions on  Skin care

doctor1 MD

I have been using undiluted Tea Tree Oil on my face for the past two weeks, and have someone told me that long term use can cause skin irritation,...

doctor1 MD

hi, i have had surgery a couple of days a ago and had a general, within a couple of hours i noticed what looks like a boil on my top lip, its is...

doctor1 MD

hello doctor, i have dry skin problem. my face skin become very dry in winter specially. i apply different moisturiser, but did not help. because...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have been suffering from acute acne on jawline which is pretty much under control. My doc is now treating me for pigmentation after acnes, I...

doctor1 MD

hi, I was just curious if a topical drug that has an alcohol base could enter my bloodstream thus effecting my blood alcohol level. Also can skin...

doctor1 MD

In mid 50s now and as in the past and still now, every time I have sexual intercourse I breakout with acne . Sometimes painful acne. What is going...

doctor1 MD

my question is regarding the redness of my skin basically I have a fair skin tone, and my redness occur on my check area s. I follow a proper skin...