Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Recurring vaginal and urine infection. Took norflox & onabet. Permanent cure?

Hi, Iam Sonia, I had vaginal & urine infection. my doctor gave me norflox & onabet B cream with oricitral syrup but after 15 days once again i feel infection symptoms like itching, burning what i have to do?? Please suggest me..........serval times I am infected by this infection in last 6-7 years.........after 6 months or 1 years iam infected by this infection..........
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  626
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Sonia,

Please bare in mind that such infections are difficult to clear especially when you are having a normal sexual life.

Next, only one treatment is not enough. At this point, I suggest to :

- do urine analysis and urine culture and sensitivity (to get treated with antibiotic appropriate for your infection).

- do vaginal swab testing and culture and sensitivity.

After this second therapy as suggested by your doctor, you should repeat the tests after 2 weeks after stopping the current medications.

You can repeat this for 3 consecutive months to get infection eradicated permanently. Then, the next follow up (after completing the course of 3-months) would be monthly for the next 3 months, and after 6 months.

Meanwhile, I suggest to get the urine and sperm examination of your partner to get him treated too.

You should consume more water, avoid pickled and salty,fried foods.

All the best!
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor