Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Recurring urine infections, taken antibiotics, abnormal periods, had miscarriage. Do I have internal infection?

hi... i was suffering from repeated urine infection last year after the intercourse...and my periods are also not normal ..the cycle was 4-5 days which is now become 9-10 days....for which my gynae gave me and my husband months of antibiotic treatment..after which i conceived and had miscarriage in one and a half month....during the investigation two of my TB tests (montoux and quantiferon TB gold) were positive .. but i dont have any major wait loss neither i suffer from cough or fever.... then she went for TB test for menstrual bood and it was negative so finally she asked me to consult a physician for this ...But my physician said montoux is not really useful for indians and the second test is quite new and not that reliable..and he asked me for an X-Ray and IFT etc blood tests..which were negative and he said dont worry relax u dont have any active TB...I dont have that severe problem of urine infection now but i still get it when i drink less of periods are not returning to normal pattern they have settled on to 9-10 days itself.....I am confused whether i have some internal infection and if it then why not getting cured with antibiotices like DOXY , its been an year now...
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
You have recurrent UTI and menstrual irregularity,If you have UTI you should go for a urine culture and sensitivity test and suitable antibiotics may be given to cure UTI.
We should also search for cause of infection like any obstruction in urinary tract or any kidney stone.
If pus cells come in urine and culture is negative a search for Tuberculosis is justified.
It is good to take lot of water as it flushes the tract and prevent chances of infection also pay attention to perineal hygine.
Please go for a detail medical check up and investigations properly including CBC,T3T4 THS,FBS,PPBS,Kidney function and a Sonography of abdomen,and if your Gynaecologist asks for Hormone measurements.
Once proper cause is detected you will be healthy.
You have not mentioned your age?
You can also consult a Uro- Surgeon regarding recurrent UTI.
Take Care
Good Luck to you
Answered: Sun, 11 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to hcm.see its quiet a long time u had infection .so u have to drink plenty of fluid daily plus cranberry juice help in prevent the infection.u also check your blood sugar many time if it raised then infection reccur off and do hormonal assay like fsh,lh,tsh, etc .also do sonography for rule out any cyst or pcod .consult any infertility specialist for ur trouble.
Answered: Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor